DIY French Dressing
We all know (or should) that just about everything that is on a store shelf has HFCS or High Fructose Corn Syrup. This drives up the cost of food by increasing corn prices aand isn’t in the neighborhood of healthy.
This recipe makes 12 oz (about a bottle) and can be easily tweaked.
- 1-1/3 cup ketchup (or a small can of tomato paste)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use 1/2 olive and 1/2 canola oil)
- 1-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) or Try my DIY Vinegar
- 1/2 onion, sliced (or 2 Tbsp Onion powder)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Pour it all in a blender until it is liquified. A whisk will work but takes longer, especially if you use an onion.